Why You Need a New Roof?
We recommend a new roof over roof repair if you want the following benefits.
- Give your tired or saggy roof a complete structural facelift, not just a cosmetic one
- Add more value to your house
- Better energy rating and fire rating
- Noise reduction
- Water leaks fixed properly once and for all!
- Improve the look of your house with a
different roof structure
How Much for Your New Roof?
Get a no obligation inspection and quote!
Find out here online right now!
What separates us from the rest
- Registered Builders: We are registered builders, not roof plumbers, or handymen. We build according to Australian building standards and are fully insured by MBA.
- No Salespersons: We do not use salespersons. The person you deal with is a building professional, not a slick salesperson.
- We Use Tie-Downs: We always use 'tie downs' in all the roofs we build to ensure they are secured against strong wind.
Why use a Registered Builder to build your new roof?
Roof plumbers, carpenters, and handyman companies can rebuild your roof, but it is not the same as using a registered builder.
- Some problems are structural: Some roof problems cannot be cosmetically repaired and require a structural improvement which is best performed by a registered builder.
- Full range of aesthetic improvements: Some aesthetic improvements can only be achieved with a registered builder - like increasing the pitch of the roof or the addition of gables.
- Other related renovations: We can also complete other related renovations as a single project - saving you hassles, money and time i.e. patio, verandah, pool or spa, additional rooms, games room, kitchen
- Job progress insurance cover: Building with a registered builder you are covered by HIA if the job cannot be completed.
5 costly mistakes to avoid when choosing a roofing provider
- Powerful tips that will enhance your perspective when it comes to choosing a roofing contractor for your job.
- The number one mistake to avoid when choosing a roofing contractor.
- How to ensure you choose the right roofing contractor for your job.
Some of our work
What our clients are saying...
Who are we?
We are a Western Australian family owned and operated roofing specialist, renowned for the delivery of high quality roofing projects.
With over 30 years experience, Safeway Roofing is proud to have prospered and developed a first-class reputation for quality workmanship, reliability and honesty. Our ‘can do’ approach to customer service sets us apart from our competitors and has seen us evolve into an industry leader for ensuring that we deliver you the best possible experience and outcome for your Roofing Project.
Safeway Roofing is a Registered Builder and accredited with Housing Industry of Australia, Master Builders Association and Building Commision of WA. For peace of mind rest assured we are fully insured and licenced to ensure that your roof is built to last.
As active members of the Master Builders Association of Western Australia (MBAWA) and Housing Industry Association (HIA) our clients can rest assured that we actively promote best practice within the industry and continuously strive for excellence.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
When you agree to have your roof replaced with a trusted supplier do not pay large deposits. Council approvals and weather condition may mean it may take 4-8 weeks for your roof to be replaced from the date you engage your supplier. Your money is better in your safe keeping than in the hands of your supplier. A reputable supplier will not need a large deposit to carry out your supplier and WA consumer law only allows up to 6.5% Maximum deposit for Home Renovations. Make sure you pay little or no deposit to protect your hard earned cash from unscrupulous operators.
All home renovation works valued at $20,000 or more require the contractor to be a registered building practitioner. Without this, the warranty for your roof is likely to be void and the works inadequately insured. Only a registered builder can ensure your roof is structural sound.
A change of roof material requires a building license from the local authority. The local authority will ensure the supplier has adequate insurance for the works, and the selected material fits in with local planning requirement. Failure to obtain a building license could result in the local authority rejecting the selected material or colour and ordering the roofing material be changed.
If you are changing your roof material, or your original roof framing pre-dates current building standards your roof will require some structural upgrades and tie-downs. A reputable supplier will consult with a structural engineer and install the required structural upgrades and tie-downs to ensure your finished product not only looks great but is structural sound.
Your new roof is a long term investment to protect your biggest asset and it should last you decades. Make sure you use a provider with an established office, in the event you do need to have your roof assessed under warranty, providers without a public office may not be able to be located in the event of a warranty claim.